July 9th, 2012
1. We went to Hawaii.
2. In Hawaii, we stayed quite busy sightseeing and eating delicious food and riding buses and walking (and walking and walking) and swimming in the pool and ocean and hanging out with Lauren.
3. Our hotel—apparently thinking it was still 2004—did not have free wifi in the rooms.
4. The lack of free wifi, not to mention free time, made it very difficult for me to fully participate in 7 Days. It was the first time in five years that’s happened. I’ve done 7 Days 21 times in a row, through cross-country moves, pregnancy, caring for a newborn, traveling, and dire illnesses. It took a trip to Hawaii to derail me. I’m actually quite bummed that I missed out on most of the commenting fun, even though it was for a good reason.
6. More busy fun time. (See #2 above.)
7. When it was time to leave Hawaii, my family flew home while I flew to Northern California to attend Brenda’s 40th birthday weekend celebration.
8. At Camp 40 Rocks, I had such a wonderful time, and was so busy talking and laughing and crafting and eating and laughing some more, that I barely cracked open my laptop for three solid days.
9. While in Hawaii and California, I Instagrammed a TON of photos, which made me feel like I was blogging, even though I wasn’t. (Most of those photos are in my Flickr, too.)
10. I am still incredibly behind on Flickring photos from my real camera, which makes me much less enthusiastic about downloading the new photos. My original goal was to get caught up before we went to Hawaii. Now my goal is to get caught up before we move.
11. We suddenly have less than a month left before the girls and I leave DC for Omaha, where we’ll visit for a couple of weeks while Troy oversees the pack-out of our house and does his turnover at work. Then he’ll drive to Omaha, pick us up, and we’ll head to San Diego.
12. In less than two months, we’ll be living in San Diego again. Whoa. And hooray!